Skip to main content

Shamita Shetty reveals her desire as an artist; says, “I am very greedy for more work”

Bollywood actress Shamita Shetty, sister of Shilpa Shetty in an interview opened up on being disappointed as an artist for not getting many acting offers. She expresses her desire to do more films and have more opportunities her way after her recent release The Tenant. Shamita Shetty recently made a comeback to silver screen with The Tenant. The actress hoped that post this release, a lot more opportunities came her way as currently her pipeline didn’t seem to be flooded. Shamita told Hindustan Times, “There isn’t that much coming my way. I’m hoping that after my last film, The Tenant, it changes, and I don’t need to wait for another two years for a project of mine.” Shamita revealed her desire to work more and get her talent explored. She said, “I’m now hoping that people see some talent in me and give me something nice in the future, because I am very greedy for more work. As an artist, I feel I haven’t explored my talent enough. There is so much that I would like to do.” Talking about how difficult her journey as an artist has been she added, “I have been around for around 20 years. My first release was in 2000 (Mohabbatein). It has not been an easy journey. Sometimes it’s not just about the money, it’s also for an artist as an artist has to be able to express her creativity. So, it’s been very frustrating for me to not be able to do that enough. Because I’ve barely had any film releases.” She further added, “I have learnt a lot about myself as an individual (and) as a person with all that I have faced over the years. It has made me a stronger person today.” “I believe in myself and in my talent. I have hope. If I didn’t have hope, I wouldn’t keep going. Every time I’m given a project, I start working on it on the character. With every film, I’ve learned how much I love performing. It’s a different high for me,” she concluded. Having made her debut with a Yash Raj film Mohabbatein, Shamita has not only made her mark on the silver screen but also created ripples across television and OTT, and now recently marked her return to silver screen with The Tenant. Also Read: Shamita Shetty pens an optimistic note desiring a better society for women as her film The Tenant releases today

from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/dUNojn4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bollywood films that raised awareness about HIV/AIDS

World AIDS Day occurs every year on December 1 to educate people about the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS. The discussion about this topic needs to include all aspects of its origins and preventive measures and its signs and the necessity of supporting individuals who live with this condition. A lot of people still have the wrong idea about this disease but Bollywood has helped change that through its positive storytelling. Some films have presented the subject with careful consideration throughout their development. The following list presents Hindi movies which have educated mainstream audiences about HIV/AIDS. from Latest and Trending Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/sKe9IMP

BTS rumoured collaboration with Coldplay

Coldplay and K-Pop stars BTS may just be giving us all the collaboration we never knew we needed. Rumours are rife that the boy bands will soon drop a song titled 'My Universe'. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3p8OnYO

“I warned Rishi Kapoor about his health”, says best friend Rakesh Roshan

Rishi Kapoor and Rakesh Roshan were close friends for 45 years. Rakesh is understandably shaken by the suddenness of his pal’s death. “I met him last on March 15 over dinner. Only Chintu (Rishi), his wife Neetu and I were there, and we chatted for nearly three hours. We discussed each other’s health.” Rakesh Roshan himself has come out of a cancer phase. “I am a hundred percent cured, touchwood. Chintu asked me why I didn’t start a new film. I told him I will wait until September when my final medical tests will happen. I would rather wait until I’m fully sure. Health comes first. And this is what I told Chintu also.” In fact Rakesh Roshan blames Rishi Kapoor’s trip to Delhi in February for his health relapse. “Both of had cancer, though different kinds. I am aware of how infection-prone we are. So when Chintu told me about his plans to go to Delhi in February for a wedding I advised him against it. B...