Skip to main content

Athiya Shetty pens heartfelt note for KL Rahul after his century at Headingley; Suniel Shetty, Arjun Kapoor join in applauding the cricketer

Team India’s opening batter KL Rahul made headlines once again, this time for his calm and composed century against England on Day 4 of the first Test match at Headingley, Leeds, on June 23. As India took firm control of the match, Rahul’s hundred, his ninth in Test cricket, drew praise from fans and cricketing experts alike. But among the most heartfelt tributes was one from his wife, actress Athiya Shetty.

Athiya took to Instagram to express her pride and admiration, writing simply, “This one is special,” in a story post featuring her husband. The understated message resonated with fans, reflecting the quiet determination Rahul displayed during his innings.

The 33-year-old cricketer, who had made a promising 42 in the first innings before falling to a loose shot, returned with greater focus and resilience in the second. He reached his century off 202 balls, anchoring India’s innings with maturity and technical finesse.

Actor Suniel Shetty, Athiya’s father, also shared his admiration for his son-in-law’s performance. Posting a photo of Rahul from the match, he wrote, “A knock that spoke less, but said everything. Proud of you son @klrahul,” highlighting the composed temperament that defined the innings.

Actor Arjun Kapoor joined in the cheer, posting multiple images of Rahul’s innings and adding a light-hearted nod to his own location in the caption: “Stunning off drives while scoring his beautiful century in Headingley inspiring me in Bandra.”

Also Read: Suniel Shetty reveals daughter Athiya Shetty has decided to quit Bollywood: “I’m not interested, I don’t want to do films”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/N7Wo864

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bollywood films that raised awareness about HIV/AIDS

World AIDS Day occurs every year on December 1 to educate people about the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS. The discussion about this topic needs to include all aspects of its origins and preventive measures and its signs and the necessity of supporting individuals who live with this condition. A lot of people still have the wrong idea about this disease but Bollywood has helped change that through its positive storytelling. Some films have presented the subject with careful consideration throughout their development. The following list presents Hindi movies which have educated mainstream audiences about HIV/AIDS. from Latest and Trending Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/sKe9IMP

BTS rumoured collaboration with Coldplay

Coldplay and K-Pop stars BTS may just be giving us all the collaboration we never knew we needed. Rumours are rife that the boy bands will soon drop a song titled 'My Universe'. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3p8OnYO

“I warned Rishi Kapoor about his health”, says best friend Rakesh Roshan

Rishi Kapoor and Rakesh Roshan were close friends for 45 years. Rakesh is understandably shaken by the suddenness of his pal’s death. “I met him last on March 15 over dinner. Only Chintu (Rishi), his wife Neetu and I were there, and we chatted for nearly three hours. We discussed each other’s health.” Rakesh Roshan himself has come out of a cancer phase. “I am a hundred percent cured, touchwood. Chintu asked me why I didn’t start a new film. I told him I will wait until September when my final medical tests will happen. I would rather wait until I’m fully sure. Health comes first. And this is what I told Chintu also.” In fact Rakesh Roshan blames Rishi Kapoor’s trip to Delhi in February for his health relapse. “Both of had cancer, though different kinds. I am aware of how infection-prone we are. So when Chintu told me about his plans to go to Delhi in February for a wedding I advised him against it. B...