Skip to main content

Divyenndu talked about his return as Munna Bhaiya in Mirzapur - The Movie: “This one is just for the fans”

Divyenndu is all set to bring back one of the most popular characters from Indian streaming, Munna Bhaiya, in Mirzapur - The Movie. As the much-awaited film gears up for its theatrical release, the actor has opened up about returning to the character and the approach he takes while bringing his roles to life.

Over the years, Divyenndu has been associated with several author-backed roles, with Munna Bhaiya emerging as one of his most recognisable performances. Speaking about what goes into creating a character that resonates so strongly with audiences, the actor credits the writers and makers for placing their trust in him.

"I'm very lucky that I get a lot of author-backed characters. I'm thankful to the makers and the writers for actually having this kind of belief in me, that I'll be able to pull off these characters. When it comes to my way of making a character and working on it, one thing is always at the core of it: I always try to make them more relatable and human and not just take the easy way out to explore the character. I like to take my chances, I like to take risks, and audiences have always rewarded me for that. So I think experimenting with characters is, in part, somewhere within me as an actor, and I feel really complete when I express myself in making these characters more so fearlessly," he said.

For Divyenndu, stepping into Munna Bhaiya once again comes with a mix of excitement and nervousness. The character’s return marks a significant moment for both the actor and fans of the Mirzapur franchise, especially as the story moves from streaming to the big screen.

Talking about what the comeback means to him personally, Divyenndu added, "To come back with the film, it's like how life comes full circle. I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. How would people react and see Munna coming back, whether I've done justice to it or not. So, it's a bag full of emotions but above everything, I think this one is just for the fans."

Directed by Gurmeet Singh and written by Puneet Krishna, Mirzapur - The Movie is an action crime thriller produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar under the banner of Excel Entertainment. The film features an ensemble cast including Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal, Jitendra Kumar, Ravi Kishan, Abhishek Banerjee, Rasika Dugal, Shweta Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar, Harshita Gaur, Sushant Singh, Mohit Malik, Sheeba Chaddha, Rajesh Tailang, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Anjum Sharma, Sonal Chauhan, Pramod Pathak and Anangsha Biswas.

Based on the popular streaming series Mirzapur, the film is scheduled to premiere in cinemas on September 4.

Also Read: Makers of Mirzapur: The Movie unveil 4 striking new posters ahead of trailer launch, watch



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/WEPnI1K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BTS rumoured collaboration with Coldplay

Coldplay and K-Pop stars BTS may just be giving us all the collaboration we never knew we needed. Rumours are rife that the boy bands will soon drop a song titled 'My Universe'. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3p8OnYO

Exclusive! Aftab on his journey in Bollywood

In an exclusive interview with ETimes, Aftab Shivdasani opens up about his journey in Bollywood so far, directors he would love to work with, and more. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3kHS70r

Bollywood films that raised awareness about HIV/AIDS

World AIDS Day occurs every year on December 1 to educate people about the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS. The discussion about this topic needs to include all aspects of its origins and preventive measures and its signs and the necessity of supporting individuals who live with this condition. A lot of people still have the wrong idea about this disease but Bollywood has helped change that through its positive storytelling. Some films have presented the subject with careful consideration throughout their development. The following list presents Hindi movies which have educated mainstream audiences about HIV/AIDS. from Latest and Trending Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/sKe9IMP