Skip to main content

EXCLUSIVE: Sayeed Quadri reveals he wrote Murder song 'Bheege Honth Tere' during his darkest phase: "I was jobless; I used to wonder, 'Yeh subah kyun hoti hai? Hamesha raat kyun nahin rehti?'"

Emraan Hashmi’s films are remembered as much for their unforgettable music as for their stories, and lyricist Sayeed Quadri has played a significant role in shaping that musical legacy. The celebrated lyricist began his film career with Jism (2003) and followed it up with the chartbuster soundtrack of Murder (2004). The phenomenal success of these albums marked the beginning of a memorable journey, and Sayeed Quadri never looked back. As part of the promotions of Awarapan 2, Bollywood Hungama exclusively spoke to him about his early days and the circumstances that inspired iconic tracks such as ‘Bheege Honth Tere’.

Sayeed Quadri said, “There are times in life when you just don’t know where to go and what to do next. You struggle for success and yet it remains elusive. I used to wonder, ‘Roz subah hoti hai. Log kaam pe jaate hai’. But I am jobless and without any work. I used to wonder ‘Yeh subah kyun hoti hai? Hamesha raat kyun nahin rehti? Kam se kam yeh bahana toh milta ki raat ko aadmi ghar pe rehta hai’! As soon as the sun used to rise, I used to wonder, ‘Where do I go now? When will I find success?’. Mere andar jo khalipan tha, usne mujhse yeh gaana likhwaya tha. And after the release of this song, many youngsters told me, ‘Aapne hamari kahani likh di’!”

He added, “When a man goes through pain and when he puts that pain and agony in his creations, it is bound to touch the listeners’ hearts. Woh kahaani ek shaks ki hoti hai lekin fir bhi woh kahaani laakhon ki ho jaati hai. Even they are going through the same struggle and they could see themselves.”

Sayeed Quadri credited Mahesh Bhatt for getting him into films. The veteran filmmaker is not a part of Awarapan 2, though he was one of the producers of the first part. Did he miss Mahesh Bhatt?

Sayeed Quadri replied, “Well, it was his personal decision. Hence, I can’t say much. But whatever I am today, the credit goes to the Bhatt family. Mahesh Bhatt got me into the industry. About him, I can just say, ‘Tera mera rishta purana’! Unse bhi purana rishta hai!”

He added, “And now, I am proud to have worked with three generations of Bhatts – Mahesh Bhatt, Pooja Bhatt and now Vishesh Bhatt!”

When asked about his future plans, he said, “I have written songs for Gabru, starring Sunny Deol. Then, Ikka is streaming on Netflix. I have written two songs for that film. Meanwhile, talks are on for many more films.”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/m6JwpIe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BTS rumoured collaboration with Coldplay

Coldplay and K-Pop stars BTS may just be giving us all the collaboration we never knew we needed. Rumours are rife that the boy bands will soon drop a song titled 'My Universe'. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3p8OnYO

Exclusive! Aftab on his journey in Bollywood

In an exclusive interview with ETimes, Aftab Shivdasani opens up about his journey in Bollywood so far, directors he would love to work with, and more. from Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Latest Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/3kHS70r

Bollywood films that raised awareness about HIV/AIDS

World AIDS Day occurs every year on December 1 to educate people about the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS. The discussion about this topic needs to include all aspects of its origins and preventive measures and its signs and the necessity of supporting individuals who live with this condition. A lot of people still have the wrong idea about this disease but Bollywood has helped change that through its positive storytelling. Some films have presented the subject with careful consideration throughout their development. The following list presents Hindi movies which have educated mainstream audiences about HIV/AIDS. from Latest and Trending Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Movie News, Breaking News | Entertainment - Times of India https://ift.tt/sKe9IMP